- Going to https://vlab.mcmaster.ca times out
- MACID and password are not working
- Please Contact Your Administrator for desktop set-up
- Error 1030
- Slow startup of Desktop or Applications
- I saved my document, but it is gone
- My device or operating system is not listed
- I have a suggestion
- I’m having a problem with something else
Going to https://vlab.mcmaster.ca times out
- You must be connected to MacSecure to access the virtual lab. MacConnect or any external Internet provider will not work.
MACID and Password are not working
- You have typed your username or password wrong. You can verify your MAC ID at the following website: https://apps.mcmaster.ca/macid-self-management/password-verification/index.htm. If your account is locked out you can contact UTS at (905) 525-9140 extension 24357 or wait 20 minutes for your account to unlock.
- You may not have access to the virtual lab. All DSB students, staff, and faculty should have access to the virtual lab. Please contact the DeGroote School of Business IT Dept at (905) 525-9140 extension 28748 or email email@example.com to confirm your permissions.
Please Contact Your Administrator for Desktop Set-up
- All DSB students, staff, and faculty should have access to the virtual lab. Please contact the DeGroote School of Business IT Dept at (905) 525-9140 extension 28748 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your permissions.
- This is a general network error and it occurs if you installed the Citrix Receiver through Firefox instead of installing it separately as per the instructions. Reinstalling the Receiver through Internet Explorer or installing it separately should fix the issue in Firefox.
Slow startup of desktop or applications
- Your Windows session could take up to 60 seconds to start and log you into the desktop. Microsoft Excel can take up to 15 seconds to start due to the plug-ins required for commerce student projects. Other than that the performance should be very good. Please contact the DSB IT department with any other performance issues at email@example.com.
I saved my document, but it is gone.
- Please see the following information:
My device or operating system is not listed.
- We can only support the systems that we have tested, but there is a good chance that your system will work with the virtual lab. You will need to find and install the Citrix Receiver for your system:
and then you should be able to connect to the virtual lab.
I have a suggestion.
- Please contact DSB ITS at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or feedback.
I’m having a problem with something else.
- If you have connected successfully to MacSecure and you are running a supported system and you have followed the installations instructions, but you still cannot connect to the virtual lab then please contact DSB ITS at email@example.com
Xperience. Xplore. Xcel.
Explore another country while you earn your degree.
Upcoming EventsApr12SatApr23Wedall-day Best Practices in Strategy Execution: Method + MindsetBest Practices in Strategy Execu…Apr 23 all-dayThis is an Executive Education course. Advanced Executive Management Program Best Practices in Strategy Execution: Method + Mindset Alex Lowy For more information, click here. [...]Apr25Fri7:30 am Leader virtues: Research from Dr. Rick Hackett @ Ron Joyce CenterLeader virtues: Research from Dr… @ Ron Joyce CenterApr 25 @ 7:30 am – 9:00 amTopic: Leader virtues: building trust, engagement and organizational success. Speaker: Rick Hackett, Professor of Human Resources & Management at the DeGroote School of Business, Canadian [...]May1Thu6:00 pm DeGroote Evening of Accolades @ Trump International Hotel and TowerDeGroote Evening of Accolades @ Trump International Hotel and TowerMay 1 @ 6:00 pm – 9:30 pmDeGroote Evening of Accolades featuring the 15th annual Wayne C. Fox Distinguished Alumni Award We are pleased to present the prestigious award to Paul Allison, [...]