- Health Policy and Management
- PhD Program
Alena is a doctoral student in Health Management. She has experience in hospital strategic planning, patient safety, and quality and performance improvement. Her current research interests include strategic management in acute health care settings, with a focus on leadership development frameworks to improve strategic performance outcomes.
McMaster University, Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Health Services Management (2015 – 2017)
McMaster University, Honours Bachelor of Science (H.B.Sc.), Life Sciences (2010 – 2014)
- Teaching Assistant – MHM 734 Quality & Safety in Healthcare, DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University, 2019
- Teaching Assistant – COMM 3S03 Management Skills Development, DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University, 2016 – 2019
- Health systems planning
- Quality and performance improvement
- Leadership development in health care
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Strategic management
Heenan, M., Lukich, A., Myers, D., Pomponio, W., & Yardley, D. (2019). So that is how it works? How observing a clinical process improved the management perspectives of non-clinical staff. Healthcare Management Forum. https://doi.org/10.1177/0840470419837260
Batt, D., Lukich, A. & Yardley, D. (2019). System-Wide Admission & Discharge Observational Study: A Reflection on the Role of Physiotherapists and Physiotherapist Assistants on Patient Flow. Presented at the Ontario Physiotherapy Association InterACTION Conference, Toronto, Ontario, April.