- PhD Program
Anomitra studies business economics and marketing at McMaster University. Much of his work is based on how to theoretically model human life and social interactions. His research interest includes 2 sided markets, the sharing economy, e-commerce and the economics of telecommunication. These facets of the modern economy not only have huge effects on our daily lives but also provide a rich field to study social phenomena. In his papers, he deals with the fundamental question of demand and supply in 2 sided markets and how it affects business and public policy. He is always looking for novel datasets in his area of research to test or validate economic theory. Anomitra’s secondary interest lies in the application of data science, machine learning and econometric techniques to business problems as well as the use of behavioral and experimental techniques to understand business and societal functioning. He looks forward to deepening his understanding on the subjects of his interest and helping anyone interested in these areas to the best of his ability. He welcomes help and advice from anyone having expertise in these fields.
Supervisor: Ruhai Wu
- Business Research for fortune 500 companies in the areas of market sizing, demand modeling, coding and statistical analysis
- Industry experience in supply chain, logistics and dealer development
- Research experience in economic modeling, operations management and sustainability
- Econometric and game-theoretic modeling of problems in the areas of platform economics, ecommerce, retail, telecommunications, etc.
- Application of experimental techniques and behavioral science to understand societal phenomenon
- Instructor for undergraduate courses in marketing
- Teaching Assistant for various marketing courses at the undergraduate and MBA level including Marketing Research, Applied Marketing Management, and Introduction to Marketing etc.
- Vertical Segmentation Pricing Policy by Online Platforms (joint work with Ruhai Wu) (Awarded Best Paper in Track “Business Models, data analytics, and digital marketing” at the 2019 American Marketing Association Winter Conference, Austin, Texas) (Also selected for presentation at the Canadian Empirical and Theoretical Symposium, 2019, at UBC Sauder, Vancouver)
- Graduate Scholarship, International Excellence Award, Entrance Scholarship at McMaster University
- Cornell Institute of Public Affairs Fellowship