- Health Policy and Management
- PhD Program
Jenn joined the PhD program as a part-time student in September 2017. She has 15 years of health planning and quality improvement facilitation and program management in four different jurisdictions (i.e., Ontario, British Columbia, New Zealand, and Scotland). Her research interests are in whole-of-society and -government approaches to mental health and addictions system reform, within the context of well-being economics.
Supervisor: Gillian Mulvale
- M.B.A. (Health Services Management), DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University, 2007
- Honours B.Sc. (Biology & Health Studies), McMaster University, 2004
- Research Coordinator / Research Assistant (various co-production/co-design projects), DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University, 2017 – Present
- Research Assistant (mental health peer support project), DeGroote School of Business, University, 2017 – 2019
- Research Assistant (health leadership project), Michael G. DeGroote Heath Leadership Academy, McMaster University, 2018 – 2019
- Teaching Assistant – C721 Health Policy Analysis (MBA), DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University, 2018
- Teaching Assistant – P700 Business, Government and the Global Environment (MBA), DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University, 2007
In the context of mental health and addictions:
- Reform and integration policy and implementation
- Whole-of-society and -government approaches
- Well-being economics
- Sandra M. Stephens Memorial Award for Global Research Leaders, 2019
- Ford of Canada MBA Travelling Fellowship, 2006
- Mulvale, G., Miatello, A., Green, J., Tran, M., Roussakis, C., & Mulvale, A. (2021). A COMPASS for navigating relationships in co-production
processes involving vulnerable populations. International Journal of Public Administration. DOI: 10.1080/01900692.2021.1903500
To link to this article: https://doi.org/10.1080/01900692.2021.1903500
- Mulvale, G., Green, J., Miatello, A., Cassidy, A. E., & Martens, T. (2020). Finding harmony within dissonance: Engaging patients, family/caregivers and service providers in research to fundamentally restructure relationships through integrative dynamics. Health Expectations, 00: 1–14. DOI: 10.1111/hex.13063. To link to this article: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/hex.13063
- Mulvale, G., Wilson, F., Jones, S., Green, J., Johansen, K-J., Arnold, I., Kates, N. (2019). Integrating Mental Health Peer Support in Clinical Settings: Lessons from Canada and Norway, Healthcare Management Forum, 2019.
- Green, J.*, & van Dreumel, L.* (*co-first authors). (2019). Preparing for the Alternative Futures of Health: Why Navigating the Disruptive Forces Shaping Health Care Requires Transformational Leadership. Michael G. DeGroote Health Leadership Academy White Paper. Accessible at: https://healthleadershipacademy.ca/files/2019/04/Alternative-Futures-ofHealth.pdf
- Green, J., Longo, C. (2019). Economic Evaluation of Whole-of-Government Approaches to Mental Health and Addictions: Is a New Paradigm Required? Poster Presentation. Canadian Association for Health Services and Policy Research (CAHSPR) Conference ‘When Research Meets Policy’, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, May.
- Mulvale, G., Johansen, K-J., Wilson, F., Green, J., Jones, S., Kates, N., Arnold, I. (2019). Integrating Peer Support in Clinical Settings: Implications for Human Relations and Policy. Oral Presentation. Canadian Collaborative Mental Health Care Conference, Richmond, British Columbia, Canada, May.
- Mulvale, G., Miatello, A., Green, J. (2019). Using Experience-Based Co-Design to Foster Inter-organizational Collaboration: The Case of Youth Mental Health Transitions in Ontario. Oral Presentation. Canadian Collaborative Mental Health Care Conference, Richmond, British Columbia, Canada, May.
- Mulvale, G., Johansen, K-J., Wilson, F., Green, J., Purins, L. (2018). Operationalizing Experience-Driven Innovation through Integration of Peer Support in Clinical Mental Health Systems in Canada and Norway. Health Policy Roundtable Discussion. Canadian Health Workforce Conference ‘Ensuring a Fit For Purpose Health Workforce’, Gatineau, Québec, Canada, October.
- Mulvale, G., Johansen, K-J., Wilson, F., Green, J., Purins, L. (2018). Operationalizing Experience-Driven Innovation through Integration of Peer Support in Clinical Mental Health Systems in Canada and Norway. Poster Presentation. National Conference on Peer Support, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, May.
- Green, J., Bell, K. (2014). Understanding Quality Improvement Capability Project: Successfully Building a Quality Improvement Workforce. Poster Presentation. NHSScotland Event, Glasgow, United Kingdom, June.
- Green, J., Chan, D. (2012). Taking Wellness to Heart! Fraser Health’s Regional Metabolic Monitoring Model. Poster Presentation. Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Canada (RPNC) World Congress for Psychiatric Nurses, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, May.