- Information Systems
- PhD Program
Morteza joined the Ph.D. program at the DeGroote School of Business in January 2015. He successfully defended his proposal in July 2017 and is currently working towards defending his degree.
Morteza’s research interest includes: (1) understanding how new information and communication technologies (ICT) specifically web-based technologies affect performance of individuals and organizations within their social network and business ecosystem, (2) developing new insights and understanding of individuals’ and organizations’ performances based on data analytics tools and techniques, (3) developing and employing predictive analytics and machine learning tools and techniques to improve the business performance of organizations, and (4) exploring and developing new methodologies and algorithm to advance business analytics techniques.
This research interest gives me a diverse research agenda which includes but not limited to research areas such as business analytics, data science including data mining and machine learning, social network analysis, social media analysis, value creation through technology, and health informatics.
Supervisor: Milena Head
- Ph.D. Candidate in Business Administration (ABD)
- M.M.Sc. in the Management of Technology and Innovation, Ryerson University
- M.B.A., Sharif University of Technology/ McMaster University
- B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, Tehran University
- Business Intelligence (MKT700)
Ted Rogers School of Management, Ryerson University …………………………… 2015-present
- New Product Development (MBA 8810)
Ted Rogers School of Management, Ryerson University ………………………Fall 2017- Present
- PMP Prep Course
PersiCa Management and Professional Association ………………………….……… 2015- Present
- Instructor, Ryerson University (2015-present)
- Data Analyst/Research Assistant, Ted Rogers School of Management (2013-2015)
- Teaching Assistant/Research Assistant, Ted Rogers School of Management (2011-2013)
- New Product development Manager, SAIPA Co. (2008-2011)
- Systems and Methods Manager, IKD Co. (2005-2008)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) from PMI
- Data Science certification (8 courses) from Johns Hopkins University Coursera Platform:
- R Programming
- Getting and Cleaning Data with R
- Exploratory Data Analysis with R
- Reproducible Research
- Regression Models in R
- Statistical Inferences in R
- Practical Machine Learning with R
- Data Products
- Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform certification from Google Coursera Platform
- Data Analysis with Python certification (4 courses) from Michigan State University Coursera Platform:
- Programming with Python
- Python Data Structures
- Using Python to Access Web Data
- Using Databases with Python
- Data analysis with Pandas, SciPy, NumPy, and Matplotlib certification from Code Academy
- Analytic techniques for Business (4 courses) from Duke University Coursera Platform:
- Business Metrics for Data-Driven Companies
- Mastering Data Analysis in Excel
- Data Visualization and Communication with Tableau
- Managing Big Data with MySQL
- Mathematics for Machine Learning from Imperial College London Coursera Platform
- Deep Learning in Python (Keras) – DataCamp Platform certificate
- Machine Learning Engineer Nondegree Program in Udacity-Kaggle Platform (in progress)
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB) from American Society for Quality
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (2017-2018)
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (2016-2017)
- SGS International Excellence Award, McMaster University, 2015.
- Ryerson Center of Urban Energy Award ($10,000) for the research on market penetration of green high-involvement products in urban areas.
- Graduate Scholarship, McMaster University, 2015-2018.
- Ranked top 3 in my MBA Degree.
- Mashayekhi, M & Head, M. (2018). Taking Advantage of Using Professionally-Oriented Social Network Sites: The Role of Users’ Actions and Profiles. (AMCIS 2018)
- Mashayekhi, M & Head, M. (2018). Developing social capital through using professionally-oriented social network sites. (ASAC 2018)
- Mashayekhi, M & Head, M. (2017). Reaping Networking Value from Professionally-Oriented Social Network Sites. (Work in progress)
- Mashayekhi, M & Ghasemaghaei, M. (2017). Visibility Affordances of Social Network Sites and Users’ Gratifications: A Comparative Study of LinkedIn and Facebook Users. (Work in progress)
- Michon, R & Mashayekhi, M (2017). Extending the American Customer Satisfaction Index to Goodwill: Assessing Donor Satisfaction and Engagement. (Work in progress)
- Mashayekhi, M. & Nosrati, F. (2016). Big Data Analytics in Marketing: A Competency-Based Framework for Marketing Professionals.
- Mashayekhi, M & Head, M. (2015). Understanding the role of social network sites in attitude change among older adults. Proceedings of the Fourteenth Annual Workshop on HCI Research. (ICIS 2015)
- Mashayekhi, M., Prescod, F., Shah, B., Dong, L., Keshavjee, K., & Guergachi, A. (2015). Evaluating the performance of the FMH predicting risk model in Canadian EMR. Canadian Journal of diabetes, 39(2), 152.
- Mashayekhi, M & Guergachi, A. (2014). Factors Influencing the Diffusion of Green High Involvement Products.
- Mashayekhi M, Keshavjee K, Boskovic G, Prescod F, Shah B, Dong L, Guergachi A. (2014). Identifying Pre-diabetics in Primary Care EMR database and Potential Technological Interventions at the Point of Care. Proceedings of CDPAC conference, Ottawa.
- Mashayekhi, M., Ekhlasi, A. E- Market Orientation as a result of integrating electronic marketing with market orientation concept. The Proceedings of the second Conference on Information & Communication Technology Management, Iran, 2006