Dr. Rahman Khokhar
- Finance and Business Economics
Rahman joined the PhD program (Finance) at the DeGroote School of Business in September 2008. Prior to joining DeGroote’s PhD program, he has spent several years working in the industry, including management positions in marketing both in Canada and Pakistan with organizations such as Gillette and Phillip Morris.
Thesis Title: Three Essays in Empirical Corporate Finance
Supervisor: Sudipto Sarkar
Current Position: Assistant Professor of Finance, Sobey School of Business, Saint Mary’s University
- MBA, Finance, McGill University
- B.A., Business and Math, Pakistan
Corporate finance, corporate cash holdings, and working capital management.
Rahman spent several years working in the private sector, including management positions in marketing both in Canada and Pakistan with organizations such as Gillette and Phillip Morris. He has also taught marketing and management courses at various business schools, as an adjunct faculty member.
- Firm size, information asymmetry and window dressing in cash holdings: evidence from quarterly financial statements, 2011.
- Working Capital Management: A comparison between Canada and United States, with Sudipto Sarkar, 2011.