Ramy Fakhry Abdallah
- Management Science
- PhD Program
Ramy graduated with a B.Eng. degree in 2012 with a focus on Electrical Engineering. He has worked for more than three years as a researcher and teacher assistant in the department of Physics and Engineering Mathematics in Alexandria University within which he earned a M.Sc. degree in 2017, After which, he joined the Management Science field, operations research at DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University. His primary PhD research focus is in developing innovative optimization techniques for multi-level programming tackling problems in energy management, business appli-cations, and resilience of critical infrastructure. Other research interests include using machine learning in “learning to optimize,” and risk analysis.
Co-Supervisors: Elkafi Hassini & Wael El-Dakhakhni
- DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University, Ontario, Canada, Diploma (Dip), Operational Research, Awarded by Canadian Operational Re-search Society (CORS)
- Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt, Master of Science (M.Sc.), Engineering Mathematics
- Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt, Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Electrical Power & Machines Engineering
Hatch Ltd : Water power intern (September 2019 – Present)
- Working in R&D on the Vista Decision Support Program implementing advanced optimization algorithms to increase efficiencies of the software
DSB, McMaster Uniersity: Teaching Assistant Courses:
- BUSADMIN 0711: Predictive Modeling and Analytics (MBA course)
- IBH 3BE3: Operations Management (Integrated Business and Humanities undergraduate course)
- COMMERCE 4OT3: Transportation and Warehousing Management (Commerce undergraduate course)
- IBH 2AD3: Statistical Data Analysis (Integrated Business and Humanities undergraduate course)
- BUSADMIN I602: Economics and Business Statistics (MBA course)
- IBH 2BC3: Operations Management (integrated business and humanities undergraduate course)
- IBH 2AD3: Statistical Data Analysis (integrated business and humanities undergraduate course)
- Commerce 4OB3: Analysis of Production/Operations Problems (commerce undergraduate course)
- Commerce 2OC3: Operations Management (commerce undergraduate course)
- Commerce 2QA3: Applied Statistics for Business (commerce undergraduate course)
DSB, McMaster Uniersity: Research Assistant
(Fall 2017- Present)
- Co-supervised by Prof. Elkaﬁ Hassini and Prof. Wael Eldakhakhni . Our research mainly focuses on application of optimization techniques and big data on complex networks.
- Co-supervised by Prof. Emthal Negm and Prof. Yasmine abouelseoud. Our re-search mainly focused on the application of optimization techniques in electrical power distribution networks.
- Based in Dubai- UAE. Worked on Optimizing Plane routes.
- Financial Director of DeGroote Doctoral Student Association (DDSA) for the academic year 2020/2021
- Member of Canadian Operational Research Society
- Volunteering experience at MEPCON conference (EGYPT), 2015
- Member of the Graduate Study of Education-USA Alexandria, Egypt Branch
- Teaching and Learning Foundations: Delivered by Paul R. MacPherson Institute for Leadership, Innovation and Excellence in Teaching and the of Grad-uate Studies
Courses completed include:
- EDU 600: Essential Skills in Teaching and Learning (I)
- EDU 650: Peer- Evaluated Teaching Experience
- Instructional Skills Workshop (February 2019): Oﬀered through the Paul R. MacPherson Institute for Leadership, Innovation and Excellence in Teaching
- Ontario Trillium Scholarship for years: 2017-2021
- Ranked 5th on class 2012 Electrical Engineering Department, Alexandria University, Egypt
- Best teaching assistant award for “Probability & Statistics” course awarded by the engineering students’ union of Alexandria university, Egypt for year 2015
- President of the graduate study group of Education-USA Alexandria, Egypt Branch
- Full scholarship for conducting Master’s degree in Alexandria University, Egypt: 2014-2017
- Ramy Fakhry, Elkaﬁ Hassini, Mohamed Ezzeldin, Wael El-Dakhakhni, ”Tri-level Mixed-Integer Linear Programming: A Solution Approach and Application in Defending Critical Infrastructure,” European Journal of Operational Research (EJOR) (R & R).
- R. Fakhry, M.A. Aboushal, Yasmine Abouelseoud and Emtethal Negm, ”An Eﬃcient Load Flow Algorithm For Radial Distribution Networks,” International Conference on Microelectronics (ICM), 2016 (Published).
- R. Fakhry, Yasmine Abouelseoud and Emtethal Negm, ” Mixed-Integer Quadrat-ically Constrained Programming With Application to Distribution Networks Re-conﬁguration,” in Eighteenth International Middle East Power Systems Confer-ence (MEPCON), 2016 (Published).
- M. A. Aboushal, R. Fakhry, I. F. ElArabawy, and M. Z. Mostafa, ”Analysis of Non-Communication Based Control Schemes for Parallel Operation of Three Phase Voltage Source Inverters with a Stiﬀ Grid,” International Conference on Microelectronics, (ICM), 2016 (Published).