Davod joined the PhD program (Management Science) in September 2014. His main area of research interests lies in optimization and data science with applications in logistics management. Davod successfully defended his PhD thesis proposal in August 2017. The thesis research focuses on analytical approaches to risk assessment and management for railroad transportation of hazardous materials.
Supervisor: Manish Verma
• SD Hosseini, M Verma. Conditional value-at-risk (CVaR) methodology to optimal train configuration and routing of rail hazmat shipments. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological 2018; 110: 79-103.
• SD Hosseini, M Verma. A Value-at-Risk (VaR) approach to routing rail hazmat shipments. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment 2017; 54: 191-211.
• SD Hosseini, M Akbarpour Shirazi, B Karimi. Cross-docking and milk run logistics in a consolidation network: A hybrid of harmony search and simulated annealing approach. Journal of Manufacturing Systems 2014; 33 (4): 567-577.
• S Rahmanzadeh, SD Hosseini, M Akbarpour Shirazi, SMT Fatemi Ghomi. Truck capacity analysis in a cross-dock transportation network considering direct shipment. Journal of Advanced Transportation 2014; 48 (7): 891-901.
• SD Hosseini, M Akbarpour Shirazi, SMT Fatemi Ghomi. Harmony search optimization algorithm for a novel transportation problem in a consolidation network. Engineering Optimization 2014; 46 (11): 1538-1552.
• SD Hosseini, M Verma. A Value-at-Risk (VaR)/Conditional Value-at-Risk (CVaR) Approach to Optimal Train Configuration and Routing of Hazmat Shipments. INFORMS Transportation and Logistics Society (TSL) Conference, Chicago, USA, July 2017.
• SD Hosseini, M Verma. Value-at-Risk (VaR) Risk Assessment Methodology for Railroad Transportation of Hazardous Materials. Annual Conference of the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada (ASAC), Montreal, Canada, May 2017.
• SD Hosseini, M Verma. Value-at-Risk (VaR) and Conditional Value-at-Risk (CVaR) Risk Assessment Methodologies for Railroad Transportation of Hazardous Materials. Canadian Operational Research Society (CORS) Annual Conference, Banff, Canada, June 2016.
• SD Hosseini, M Verma. Routing Plan for Multiple Rail Hazmat Shipments with Optimal Conditional Value-at-Risk (CVaR) and Risk Equity.
• Ontario Graduate Scholarship – International (2017)
• The Norm Archer Endowed Prize (2016)
• McMaster School of Graduate Studies International Excellence Award (2014, 2015)
• McMaster Graduate Scholarship (2014-2018)
• McMaster International Tuition Bursary (2014-2018)
• DeGroote School of Business Entrance Scholarship (2014)
Before joining the PhD program, Davod worked with the project management team of a leading private company in Tehran, Iran for about three years. He had the responsibility of project planning and control for the engineering and construction of two pharmaceutical factories in Iran.