Dr. Vahid Assadi
- Information Systems
Vahid joined our PhD program in 2007. His research efforts are driven by the recognition of the transformative potential of ICT, and his academic goals are motivated by the need for research and education on issues related to these technological changes. In particular, his research interests lie in the areas of information systems adoption and use, e-health, and crypto-economics (e.g., Blockchain). Vahid was a PhD student participant in the 30th ICIS Doctoral Consortium in Phoenix, Arizona (2009), a member of the School of Business Student Research Ethics Committee (SBSREC), and the President and a founding member of the Association for Information Systems (AIS) Student Chapter of the DeGroote School of Business (DeGroote AIS).
Thesis Title: Adoption of Integrated Personal Health Record Systems: A Self-Determination Theory Perspective
Supervisor: Khaled Hassanein
- D., Information Systems, McMaster University
- A., Information Technology Engineering, Tarbiat Modares University (Iran)
- A., Software Engineering, Sharif University of Technology (Iran)
Over the course of Vahid’s career, he has held technical, consultancy, and leadership roles in various industries in areas related to Information Systems, e.g., information systems analysis, design and implementation, database design and implementation, ERP system selection/business integration, information technology project management and consultation, application and web programming, strategic management consultation, analytics, and more recently IT litigation (quandarypeak.com), and crypto-economics (nydax.com).
- Assadi, V., Hassanein, K., (2017) “Adoption of Integrated Personal Health Record Systems: A Self-Determination Theory Perspective, Journal of Medical Internet Research
- Assadi, V., Hassanein, K., Head, M., Watter, S., (2015), “Combining Traditional HCI and Neurophysiological Tools to Design Better Online Interfaces for Older Adults”, Neurophysiological Methods in IR Research (NeuroIR – a SIGIR workshop), Santiago, Chile.
- Assadi, V., Hassanein, K., (2014), “General Causality Orientations and the Adoption of Integrated Personal Health Records Systems: A Latent Class Analysis with Distal Outcomes” Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. HI, USA.
- Assadi, V., Hassanein, K., (2010), “Continuance Intention to Use High Maintenance Information Systems: The Role of Perceived Maintenance Effort,” European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Pretoria, South Africa, June 7-9.
- Assadi, V. (2009). “Consumer Adoption and Use of Personal Health Record Systems,” International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Doctoral Consortium, Phoenix, Arizona, December 11-14, 2009.
- Assadi, V., Hassanein, K., (2009), “Consumers’ Acceptance and Use of Personal Health Records Systems: A Theoretical Model,” European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Verona, Italy, June 8-10.