- Finance and Business Economics
Dr. Yan Wang received her M.A. in Economics and Ph.D. in Finance from McGill University. Her research interests lie mainly in the areas of financial institutions and empirical corporate finance. Her current projects focus on the institutional trading, ownership structure, product market competition and cross-listings.
- “Who is Afraid of BlackRock?”, 2020, Review of Financial Studies, forthcoming. (with M. Massa, INSEAD, and D. Schumacher, McGill University).
- “Cross-Country Competitive Effects of Cross-Listings”, 2020, Review of Corporate Finance Studies: 9 (1), pages 116–164. (with S. Sarkissian, McGill University)
- “The Product Market Impact of Minority Stake Acquisitions”, 2018, Management Science: 64(2), pages 825-844. (with A. Nain, University of Iowa)
- “Can Short Sellers Detect Internal Control Material Weaknesses? Evidence from Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act”, 2018, Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance. (with Z. Singer, HEC Montreal, and J. Zhang, University of Alabama Huntsville)
- “Automatability and Capital Structure”, (with C. Wan, University of Massachusetts at Boston, and J. Qiu, McMaster University)
- “The Effect of Labor Cost on Innovation”, (with A. Nain, University of Iowa)
- “Does Ownership Concentration Affect Corporate Bond Volatility? The Role of Illiquidity”, (with Y. Wang, University at Albany)
- “Product Market Competition and Tax Avoidance”, (with R. Li, C. Wan, M. Wang, University of Massachusetts at Boston, and J. Qiu, McMaster University)
- SSHRC Insight Grant, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council, Principal Investigator, 2019 – 2022 (Amount: $88,219)
- SSHRC Insight Development Grant, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council, Principal Investigator, 2019 – 2021 (Amount: $48,268)
- SSHRC Explore – Standard Research/Creative & Performing Arts Grant, McMaster University, 2017 (Amount: $7,000)