- PhD Program
Yuyan joined the Ph.D. program at DeGroote School of Business in September
2016. Her research interests lie in sustainable marketing, corporate green
strategies, innovation and new product development, corporate social
responsibility, and marketing-finance interface.
Supervisor: Dr. Ashish Pujari
- M.B.A., Wuhan University, China
- M.Sc., The University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Before joining DeGroote, Yuyan worked in Hubei Academy of scientific &
technical information as a senior marketing specialist in Wuhan, China. Her
primary duties involved conducting promotion events, analyzing sales data, and
compiling market research reports. Before that, she worked as a brand
manager in Hubei Tobacco (China), responsible for brand evaluation, market
analysis, and new product launches.
- Interested in teaching Innovation and New Products; Marketing
Strategy; B2B Marketing; Brand Management; Sustainable Marketing.
- Sessional Instructor of 4MC3 New Product Marketing, Winter 2021.
- Teaching assistant of various undergraduate and M.B.A. courses in
marketing, innovation, and international business.
- Best Conference Paper Award, JPIM Research Forum, 2020
- McMaster Graduate Scholarship, 2016-2019
- Fellow, ISBM Ph.D. Camp, The Institute for the Study of Business
Markets Ph.D. Student Camp for Research, M.I.T., Sloan School of
Management, Massachusetts, 2018
- McMaster International Excellence Award, 2016-2017
- McMaster Entrance Scholarship, 2016-2017
- Outstanding M.B.A. Student, Wuhan University, 2014-2015
Wei, Y. and Pujari, A. “The Effect of Green Acquisitions on Firm Value”, The 2021 A.M.A. Winter Academic Conference (Virtual)
Wei, Y. and Pujari, A. “Green Acquisitions: Are They Just Low-hanging Green Fruits?”, Journal of Product Innovation Management Virtual Research Forum (formerly known as Annual PDMA Research Forum).