2019 Senior Women Academic Administrators of Canada Graduate Student Award of Merit
About the Award
At least three awards, each in the amount of $3000, will be awarded annually to the women graduate students who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in the university or general community while maintaining exemplary academic records.
Criteria for the Award
- Outstanding academic performance.
- Evidence of leadership, including but not limited to such things as:
- executive positions in student organizations
- participation on committees (student committees and university committees)
- organization of special events, conferences, etc.
- involvement in advocacy groups
- involvement in volunteer organizations, within the campus setting and/or in the general community.
Interested in Applying?
Students are required to submit their application package to the School of Graduate Studies no later than Monday, December 3, 2018 at Noon by uploading their application package to MacDrive.
Required documents for the application package
- short cover letter that includes student name, student number and department
- biographical data*
- curriculum vitae
- academic records (all official undergraduate and graduate transcripts-photocopies of original transcripts are acceptable)
- three letters of reference
*biographical information usually includes information about former and current studies, areas of interest, research, publications, other awards, interests outside the university, and community or volunteer work. It’s usually in a narrative form, about 1-2 pages in length, and is an opportunity for the nominee to tell the adjudication committee some things about herself, and to explain at greater length her background/interests/passions/ambitions/volunteer work.
Should you have any questions about this application, please don’t hesitate to email email@example.com.