Moving to a new country can be both exciting and overwhelming and will not be an easy adjustment. However, it can also be an amazing opportunity to learn, grow and be adventurous. The adjustment period after moving to a new country is what is known as ‘culture shock’. Once you understand what culture shock is, its effects can be significantly minimized. International MBA students are invited to register for this one hour workshop facilitated by DeGroote’s Wellness Counsellor Deena Dulabh to learn how to apply tips and tricks for adjusting to changes related to your recent move to Canada.
During this workshop, Deena will cover topics such as:
- Adjusting your routine and setting goals
- Creating an environment that is comfortable and familiar
- Embracing your new community
- Accepting that feeling homesick is normal
- Finding ways to relieve your stress
- Being patient and open-minded
Tuesday, November 30
- Time: 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. (EST)
- Register: OSCARplus
- Location: Ron Joyce Centre (room will be communicated the day before the session)
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.