Book Publishing Seminar
Submitted by Bani Rafeh for PhD
James MacNevin, senior editor at the University of British Columbia Press, is holding a book publishing talk at McMaster University.
The talk will focus on scholarly book publishing and provides an opportunity to learn about the process of publishing with a university press in Canada. Discussion topics include:
- what distinguishes university presses from other publishers
- how to locate the appropriate publisher for your work
- how to prepare an attractive prospectus
- how to turn your thesis into a book
- the peer review process
- sources of funding for scholarly monographs
- what to expect of your publisher and what your publisher will expect of you
This session is open to all faculty, advanced PhD students, and postdoctoral fellows.
Wednesday, March 29
- Time: 12:30 – 1:30 pm (ET)
- Location: Zoom
- More information can be found at gs.mcmaster.ca
If you are unable to attend but would like to set up a separate meeting to discuss a specific book proposal, please email James MacNevin at email@example.com.
Leave a Reply