DeGroote is a family, but without a way to meet physically, some of us are feeling isolated. We need a way to engage with each other (students, faculty, and staff) in a meaningful, spontaneous, and human way during the COVID-19 crisis.
We’re creating an online community that acts like a virtual DeGroote building where people can come together. Like the physical building, it’s where people can find each other, have discussions, get help, and even socialize. We decided to use the Discord platform to do this.
Here’s how to join the community on Discord!
- Click here for the invitation link to the DeGroote Discord community.
- Confirm you’re not a robot.
- Create an account (for security reasons) by entering your email and a password.
- Discord will send you an email. Verify your email address by clicking on the verification link in the message. (Don’t skip this step or you won’t be able to participate.)
- Read the welcome message.
- To access more parts of the community, visit the rules channel and read the rules.
- At the bottom of the rules, click the check mark.
- Go to the assign-roles channel and choose the ones that make sense for you.
- Play around and get familiar with the system. You can leave us feedback in the feedback channel!
Here’s a quick video tutorial:
Everyone in DeGroote School of Business community is welcome to join.
Let us know if you have any questions! If you get stuck, email us at email@example.com.
See you online!