The DeGroote Discord community is a space for you to stay connected. Our Discord server has grown to over 1000 verified members, and offers features, services, and opportunities for students.
If you are new to Discord, watch this quick video to learn about the platform.
Discord allows for voice calls without video – there is never any pressure for you to use your camera. You are welcome to join in to events with just your voice for added comfort.
Here’s how to join the community on Discord!
Optional, but recommended: Download Discord to your phone or computer.
- Click here for our server invite link to join.
- Confirm you are not a robot.
- If you don’t already have a discord account, create an account by entering your email and a password.
- Discord will send you an email. Verify your email address by clicking on the verification link in the message.
- Visit the #start-here channel.
- In the #start-here channel, react with “1” if you are already a member of the DeGroote community, or react with “2” if you are a future DeGroote community member.
- Visit the #set-your-roles channel to add some label roles.
- Explore the community!
Everyone in DeGroote School of Business community is welcome to join. We always welcome feedback and suggestions on more features and services that you find valuable. Let us know your thoughts in the #feedback channel.
Let us know if you have any questions! If you get stuck, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you online!