Register to join The Marquee Group for Finance Interview Prep on Friday May 13! The Marquee Group will provide an overview of the characteristics that recruiters look for in candidates applying for finance related roles. This session will focus on the most common technical finance questions you prepare for in areas such as: investment banking, equity research, private equity or corporate finance. This session will help you prepare for co-op interviews or new graduate recruitment roles.
This session is free to you, with all associated costs covered by the MBA CPD team.
- Overview of the characteristics that recruiters look for in candidates applying for finance related roles
- Concepts of equity value and enterprise value
- Learn to apply comparable trading and precedent transaction analysis
- Review Discounted Cash Flow (“DCF”) analysis and common DCF errors
- Discuss financing alternatives available to corporations and their advantages/disadvantages
- Understand how to calculate the weighted average cost of capital
- Review the impact of income tax considerations on valuation
- Learn to apply valuation techniques (including precedent transactions)
- Identify and value synergies
- Understand accretion/dilution concepts and common misconceptions
- Interpret market reaction to M&A announcements
- Review Leveraged Buyout (“LBO”) analysis
Note: There will be a follow-up virtual session to practice Mock Interviews on May 19. Registration will open once the Finance Interview Prep session is completed.
Friday, May 13
- Time: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. (ET)
- Location: RJC 313