MBA Exam Policy
Dear MBA students,
With the mid-term and final exam period approaching, I feel it may be helpful to ensure that all MBA students are fully aware of the MBA program’s policy regarding examinations. I encourage each student to read through this message in it’s entirety and to contact me directly if you have any questions. Note that this policy will be strictly enforced during all mid-term and final examinations.
Arrive on time. No student will be permitted into the exam room more than 30 minutes after the start of the exam. No additional time will be granted to students arriving late.
- All coats and jackets must be hung on the coat rack outside of the exam room.
- McMaster Student Card must be presented upon entering the examination room and then placed on the upper right corner of the desk for the duration of the examination. Students who cannot provide their student card may be refused entry into the exam. In some cases, alternate photo ID may be accepted (Driver’s License). Students who have misplaced their student card must obtain a replacement card at the school of Graduate Studies Office at the Hamilton Campus.
- There is to be no communication, verbal or non-verbal, between students once they have entered the exam room. Students who have a question are to raise their hand and wait for the invigilator or instructor to approach them.
- Students may bring 1 bottle of water into the exam provided that the product label is removed.
- Students should bring into the examination room only what is necessary to write the examination. All items not required to write the examination must be left in the designated area at the student’s risk. The university assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen articles.
- All hats, sunglasses and smart devices (phones, smart glasses, smart watches) must be removed and placed in your bag and left in the designated area.
- Only McMaster approved calculators are permitted in exams where a calculator is required. Casio FX991, Casio FX-991W, Casio FX-991MS or MS Plus.
- Under no circumstances are students permitted to share supplies including pens, pencils, erasers, calculators, etc.
- Students are not permitted leave the exam room during the first 45 minutes of the exam. Students who must leave during the exam must be accompanied by an invigilator. Students who are unwell during the examination and are unable to continue should notify an invigilator or the professor immediately.
- If academic dishonesty is suspected during an examination the Office of the Registrar has protocols in place for invigilators to document and/or stop the behavior. The Office of Academic Integrity will be informed of all suspected cases of academic dishonesty in examinations and will proceed according to the Academic Integrity Policy.
Dr. Willi H. Wiesner, PhD | Director, MBA Program