Based on provincial guidance and campus safety measures outlined by McMaster’s Environmental & Occupational Health Support Services (EOHSS), the designated eating areas at the RJC have been evaluated and determined changes can be made while keeping everyone safe.
What you need to know:
- This change is effective Wednesday, November 24 for the balance of the Fall term
- To adhere to McMaster’s COVID safety protocols, the MacCheck digital tool is checked upon entry to the RJC
- There is a single point of entry to the RJC meaning, all patrons of the designated eating areas have a confirmed digital tool check
- Masks are required in all scenarios when eating and drinking is not occurring
- All other locations throughout the building will maintain physical distancing unless we receive approval
RJC designated eating areas where physical distancing is no longer required:
- Café (capacity: 24)
- Great Hall (capacity: 132)
RJC designated eating areas where physical distancing continues to be required:
- Classroom 249 (capacity: 12)
- Classroom 263 (capacity: 12)
For more information about the guidelines for eating on campus, check out the Back to Mac website.