The Mackenzie King Scholarships were set up under the will of the Rt. Hon. W.L. Mackenzie King (1874-1950), who was Prime Minister of Canada 1921-26, 1926-30, and 1935-48. Two types of the Mackenzie King Scholarship are available to graduates of Canadian universities: the Open Scholarship and the Travelling Scholarship.
- You must be a full-time graduate student of a Canadian university for the 2021-22 academic year, and a graduate (holder of a degree) when tenure of the scholarship begins.
- Applications must be made to the School of Graduate Studies of your home university. This is the Canadian university from which you most recently graduated or at which you are currently enrolled.
Types of Awards
- The Open Scholarship has been recently valued around $8,500*.
- The Travelling Scholarship has been recently valued around $10,500*.
*Exact values for 2021-22 has not been confirmed and is subject to change.
- The awards will be based on high academic achievements (typically all A’s or very nearly so)*
- Personal qualities
- Demonstrated aptitudes
- Consideration will also be given to the applicant’s proposed program of study.
How to apply:
- The School of Graduate Studies deadline is Monday, February 1, 2021.
- Review full application instructions and details (including application form, supplementary information, personal statement, official transcripts and reference letters)
- Please upload your full application as one PDF to MacDrive