The Wilson Leadership Scholar Award recognizes and cultivates leadership potential and prepares undergraduate and graduate students to serve as Canada’s next generation of leaders.
It is a leadership development and career launcher program. Wilson Leaders will be paired with mentors selected to match their academic interests, leadership style, and potential career trajectory.
- $20,000 in direct and $5,000 in experiential funding
- Introductions to mentors, based on your goals
- Problem-based learning sessions on topics of significance to Canada
- Lead a community project that’s meaningful to you
Please note: Applicants for both the undergraduate and graduate award should be willing and able to invest at least 15 hours/month in the program from September to November and January to March.
- Award held in final year undergraduate academic year studies
- Open to full-time McMaster students in any first-entry bachelors program
- Canadian citizens
- Students in good standing, with at least an 7.5 cumulative GPA
MBA / Graduate Eligibility:
- Held in any year of graduate study, whether in research- or course-based program
- Open to full-time current and incoming McMaster graduate students in all degree programs
- Canadian citizens
- Students in good standing
- Students who can connect their studies and interests to one or more of Democracy, the Economy, Education, Healthcare, the Impacts of Technology, and Public Policy, in a Canadian context
- Note: We advise graduate Wilson Leaders not to hold a teaching or research assistantship while participating in the program. Successful applicants will be required to provide a letter of support from their supervisor or graduate chair.
How to apply:
- McMaster students should apply through AwardSpring.
- Applications for the undergraduate Wilson Leadership Scholar Awards must be completed by 11:59 p.m. EST on January 25, 2021, while applications for the graduate award are due by 11:59 p.m. EST on March 29, 2021.
For more information, visit The Wilson Leadership Scholar Award website.