- Information Systems
- PhD Program
Jodie joined the DeGroote PhD program in September 2016. Her primary research interests are in Governance of Artificial Intelligence, Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Human Resources and High Performance Work Systems, and deployment of Digital Literacy, especially in the under served sectors.
Jodie Lobana is an award-winning Management Consultant, Educator, Author, and an accomplished Director, with an integrated experience in the areas of Governance of Artificial Intelligence and other Information Technologies, Risk Management, Compliance, Internal Audit, Project Management, Human Resources, Finance & Leadership.
University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
Candidate for Artificial Intelligence Certification (intended completion date of Dec 2019)
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON
- Graduated from Masters of Accountancy – Dean’s Honour Roll
- Graduated from Honours Co-op Bachelor of Arts in Chartered Accountancy Studies – Dean’s Honour Roll
Jodie has more than 20 years of work experience in Internal Audit, External Audit, and Enterprise Risk Management and Governance arenas. She has worked with prestigious organizations such as United Nations Development Programme, Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario, KPMG, PwC, Kraft Canada, and Bank of Montreal. Jodie has provided services to more than 50 national and multi-national organizations in North America. Further, she has travelled to 40 countries and worked in 7 countries.
Jodie is also an Adjunct Faculty Member at York University in Canada teaching Governance of Information Technology. In addition, she has taught “Accounting Information Systems” course at the University of Waterloo in Canada. Jodie has developed and taught a soft Leadership course at the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology (“IIT”) in India with an exceptional instructor rating of 5/5.
- Chartered Professional Accountant – CPA, CA
- Certified Public Accountant – CPA (IL)
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Project Management Professional
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Advisory Board Member, McMaster Artificial Intelligence Society
- Committee Member, McMaster IT Strategic Plan Steering Committee
- Board Member, Graduate Students Association, McMaster University
- Board Member, International Internal Audit Standards Board, The Institute of Internal Auditors
- Director, Centre of Information Integrity and Information Systems Assurance, University of Waterloo
- Vice President, DeGroote Doctorate Students Association, McMaster University
- Vice President–Administration, Graduate Students Association, McMaster University
- Director, Institute of Internal Auditors Canada
- Vice Chair, Emerging Issues Committee, Institute of Internal Auditors Canada
- Committee Member, CPA Canada’s Information Management and Technology Advisory Committee.
- Audit Committee member, Compliance Audit Committee, City of Brampton
- Audit Committee member, Compliance Audit Committee, Dufferin-Peel Catholic School Board
- Winner of the esteemed “2017 Community Engagement Student Leadership Award” presented by the DeGroote School of Business to recognize a PhD student who has made significant contributions to the Business School, McMaster, and to the broader community.
- Winner of the prestigious “2013 Award of Distinction” awarded by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario to recognize the young (under 40 category) high achieving Ontario CPAs in the areas of professional work, community service, and personal success.
- Recipient of Graduate Scholarship, McMaster University, 2016-2019
- Recipient of Entrance Scholarship, McMaster University, 2016
- Recognized by University of Waterloo as the Fellowship Honoree 2009 (recognition granted to an alumnus who exemplifies the spirit of the program, and a living example of a successful career).
- Artificial Intelligence and its impact on High Performance Work Systems (HPWS), Jan 2018
- Circular Relationship between HPWS and Digital Transformation, Dec 2017
- Automated AI Management – A boon or a curse, August 2017
- Artificial Intelligence and its impact on Human Resources, April 2017
- Do I still have a voice in the technological world, March 2017
- Author, CPA Canada publication “Directors’ Alert on Cloud Computing for Not for Profit Organizations – Questions for Directors to ask”, published in 2013.
- Co-Author, CPA Canada’s publication on “IT Risk Management for Small Businesses”. Published in 2015
- Reviewer, CPA Canada publication “20 Questions Directors should ask about Internal Audit”, published in 2015.
- Development Team Member, ISACA, IT Controls for Sarbanes Oxley, 3rd edition, published in 2014