“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”
The holiday season can be both exciting and overwhelming. It is filled with joy and celebration but can also be quite stressful and mentally draining. Not to mention this year will look quite different from any other we have experienced before.
Below are some simple and fun ways to ensure that you are practicing healthy habits over the Winter Break. I encourage you to share your healthy habits with those around you. Better yet why not take on this list together with friends and family, to encourage all your loves ones to remember how important it is for all of us to TEND to ourselves during this time of the year!
- Keep moving! Exercise is essential.
- Focus on positive thoughts. Write down things you are grateful for.
- Slow down and refuel. Make sure to get enough sleep.
- Sunshine and fresh air are key! Bundle up and spend some time outside.
- Be free and let yourself go. Express yourself creatively.
- Stay connected! Reach out to a friend or a family member.
- Be mindful of overindulging. Enjoy in moderation and make healthy eating and drinking choices. Remember, it’s all about balance!
- Rest and reset your mind. Take a social media break; watch less news.
- Be kind to yourself. You are doing great!
For more ideas on self-care over the holidays, check out this Harvard Health Publishing article.
Wellness Counselling Services Holiday Hours:
- MBA Wellness Counselling services will be closed starting Tuesday, December 22, and will re-open on Monday, January 11.
- During this time, please refer to the Regional Support & Resources provided in the Mental Health & Wellness Supports for MBA Students bulletin post.
Wishing you all a restful and joyous Holiday Season – from your Wellness Counsellors Deena Dulabh and Brenda Scott.