Take a moment to review your course outlines and make sure that none of your midterm dates conflict.
If the time or date of your midterms conflict:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify of the conflict with the following information:
- Full name and student number
- Course codes (i.e. Commerce 1AA3) of both conflicts
- Dates and times of both conflicts
- Completed Notification of Absence form and documentation supporting the conflict (i.e., screenshot of course outline, emails from professors)
- Await approval via your McMaster email.
- Follow-up with your instructor.
If you have another known conflict during your scheduled midterm:
- Email email@example.com 10 business days in advance of the midterm date if you wish to be eligible for an alternate sitting.
- Notice of a conflict provided with less than 10 business days’ notice that is approved will be left to the discretion of your instructor.
If you have a Religious, Indigenous or Spiritual Observance (RISO) during one of your midterms:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible with your completed RISO form.
- You will be contacted via your McMaster email as soon as your RISO is reviewed and approved.
- Contact your instructors to make alternative arrangements for classes, assignments, and tests as soon as your RISO accommodation has been processed by the Student Experience Office.
- For more information on RISO, please review the RISO Fact Sheet.