James MacNevin, senior editor at the University of British Columbia Press, is holding a book publishing talk at McMaster University.
The talk will focus on scholarly book publishing and provides an opportunity to learn about the process of publishing with a university press in Canada. Discussion topics include:
- what distinguishes university presses from other publishers
- how to locate the appropriate publisher for your work
- how to prepare an attractive prospectus
- how to turn your thesis into a book
- the peer review process
- sources of funding for scholarly monographs
- what to expect of your publisher and what your publisher will expect of you
This session is open to all faculty, advanced PhD students, and postdoctoral fellows.
Wednesday, March 29
If you are unable to attend but would like to set up a separate meeting to discuss a specific book proposal, please email James MacNevin at firstname.lastname@example.org.