If you completed IB, AP or GCE courses in high school, you may be eligible for transfer credit towards your McMaster degree.
What you need to know:
- The Faculty of Business does not grant transfer credit for Math or Business-related IB, AP or GCE courses
- Business 1 students are encouraged to register in all required coursework while they await a transfer credit assessment
- IB and AP – a minimum score of 5 or more in Higher Level (HL) courses
- Standard level (SL) courses are not considered for transfer credit
- If you completed the GCE, you are welcome to submit your Score Sheet for assessment
- You must be registered in Business 1
- Integrated Business and Humanities (IBH) students are not eligible for transfer credit
Interested in a formal assessment?
- Contact the Office of the Registrar and ask for a transfer credit assessment
- Please share your IB/AP Score Sheet, along with your full name and student number to email@example.com
- Last day to share your Score Sheet with the Office of the Registrar is Thursday, September 30
- Score Sheet will then be shared with the Student Experience Office for assessment
- If you are eligible for transfer credit, you will be emailed by a member of the Student Experience team to your McMaster email account before Friday, October 15