At CIBC, we’re committed to building an inclusive and diverse organization which supports and reflects the clients and communities we serve. This scholarship aims to support first, second and third-year Black and Indigenous students enrolled in full-time education in a first degree. In addition to the scholarship, successful applicants will be offered a paid summer internship in one of the Commercial Banking and Wealth Management business units, following an interview process.
Identify as part of one or more of the following groups:
- First Nations, Métis, Inuit or a member of the Black community
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or legally eligible to work in Canada until, and including, August 26, 2024
- Currently a full-time undergraduate student in the 2023-2024 academic year
- Be able to participate in and complete a summer internship with CIBC in one of the following business units at a CIBC location:
- Commercial Banking
- CIBC Private Wealth: Private Banking and Wood Gundy
- CIBC Asset Management
Apply here through our scholarship portal. Please include a cover letter in your application telling us what this scholarship would mean to you along with your resume.
Applications and all supporting documentation must be submitted no later than January 25, 2024 at 1:00 p.m. (EST).
Receipt of applications will be acknowledged by email following processing. Select applicants will be invited to interview and successful applicants will receive confirmation of their scholarship and internship placement by May 2024.