Become an International Grad Navigator and connect with new international graduate students to support their journey at McMaster.
International Grad Navigators are volunteers who have “been there, done that”. They are eager to connect and help new international graduate students navigate their first-term experience. They can provide support from the perspective of a shared cultural background and/or shared language to help new students feel at home.
Goals of the program
- Ease the transition period and create a sense of belonging for new students.
- Build lasting connections between students and the community.
- Decrease feelings of loneliness and isolation.
- Address unique cultural needs with shared perspectives.
Benefits of becoming an International Grad Navigator
- Enhance leadership and communication skills.
- Gain volunteer experience that can be added to your resume.
- Earn a certificate of participation.
- Connect new students to other students and community groups.
- Connect with staff from Graduate Studies for additional support.
Sign up to become an International Grad Navigator by June 30 and attend a 30-minute welcome session between July 6 – 7. You’ll receive your student matches starting mid-July, as new students sign up for the program.
If you have any questions, please contact Yufei Zheng at email@example.com