The Personal Interest Course (PIC) option is designed to encourage students to explore interests outside of their program without affecting their Cumulative GPA.
What you need to know about PIC
- Students must declare a course as PIC on Mosaic by Tuesday, January 19, 2021 for the Winter term (the last day for enrolment and course changes date).
- The student progresses in the course as per normal and has the option to withdraw from the course as per the normal procedures and deadlines.
- If the student would rather keep the numeric grade, they must indicate the course is no longer a PIC on Mosaic by Friday, March 19, 2021 (the final date in which a student can withdrawal from a course without failure by default) and the numeric grade will appear on their transcript.
Selecting a PIC on Mosaic:
- Sign into Mosaic and go to the Student Centre
- Once you have enrolled in the course, select the ‘edit’ tab and change the grading basis from Graded to PIC.
- You can do this until the last day for enrollment and changes for each term.
If you have any questions about the PIC option, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.