You’re invited to participate in a unique managerial negotiation competition: the Desautels Faculty of Management and MCCA “Desautels Negotiations Competition” on November 11 & 12.
Why a Managerial Negotiations Competition?
- Negotiating is a critical managerial skill. Negotiation holds the key to hiring and leading subordinates, solving conflicts, and getting buy-in from stakeholders. Strong negotiation skills are necessary for managers to build and maintain successful relationships with their teammates in the long term.
What to expect?
- A two-day event focused on testing and challenging students’ negotiation skills in a fun and interactive environment. Teams will each participate in several original negotiation simulations, involving various managerial contexts (e.g., business deals, salary negotiation, interpersonal conflicts).
- The competition is designed to facilitate networking and the exchange of ideas between attendees. Social events are scheduled to help participants get to know each other and expand their network beyond their own University.
Who can participate?
- The competition is open to full-time, part-time, and executive MBA students, as well as Master-level students from other management programs.
- Every team shall be composed of three members and can include one alternate (i.e., 3 + 1).
Visit Eventbrite for more information about this competition.