Although the MBA experience will be virtual this Winter / Spring / Summer, there may be cases when MBA students need to come to the Ron Joyce Centre (RJC) for essential course activities that cannot be done at home.
DeGroote has an online approval process on the DeGroote Online Resource Centre (DORC) for MBA students who, due to an accommodation need to fulfill their academic requirements, may seek access to the building. Approval to the RJC will only be granted to students who can demonstrate that they are not able to fulfill the required accommodations at home.
What you need to know:
- There will be very limited daily capacity at the RJC from Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (beginning on Monday, February 22).
- Students who receive pre-approval will be assigned an individual collaboration room in which they must stay for the duration of their visit (with the exception of washroom breaks).
- Masks or face coverings are required in all indoor public spaces on campus, which includes classrooms and hallways.
- Café services are not available.
- Limited shuttle service is available (to and from Appleby GO and Main Campus) and the updated schedule is available on the DeGroote Shuttle Schedule page.
How the pre-approval process will work:
The continued health and safety of the DeGroote community is our utmost priority, and we are doing everything possible to ensure that if you require access to the RJC, you can feel confident about the protocols in place.
- Step 1: Navigate to DORC and access the RJC Access Request tile to fill out the request form at least 24 hours in advance of each planned visit. You will not be permitted access to the RJC without a pre-approval. Please note: Filling out the form does not guarantee access.
- Step 2: You will be required to follow each step outlined on the RJC Access Request form, including:
- Reading and adhering to the COVID-19 Code of Conduct for Students Visiting the RJC.
- One-time completion in advance of your visit: McMaster’s mandatory COVID-19 Awareness training
- Step 3: You will receive an approval or rejection within 24 hours of your submission. If you are approved, your email approval will contain a link to a mandatory COVID-19 self-assessment which you must complete within one hour before arriving onsite.
- Step 4: The morning of your visit, you will be required to complete and bring the results of your COVID-19 self-assessment survey and your record of completion for COVID-19 Awareness training to the Concierge upon arrival. You will also be asked to sign in and sign out at the end of the day for contact tracing purposes.
If you have any questions about this process, please send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.