While the pandemic has been difficult for everyone – with each person facing their own unique set of challenges – many of us are lucky to know someone who has gone above and beyond. Despite these unprecedented global events, our DeGroote values – innovation, collaboration and generosity – have continued to thrive.
As we enter a new year full of hope for the future, we want to help you recognize and celebrate your MBA peers who exemplified DeGroote’s values during the pandemic, through our new MBA COVID Champions nominations.
- Both nominator and nominee must be current MBA students who have not yet convocated.
- A COVID Champions nominee is an MBA student who has exemplified at least one of DeGroote’s values during COVID-19. Some examples are:
- Generosity: A student who has been generous with their time in supporting you (peer mentoring, sharing best practices, or simply someone who has been there to listen).
- Innovation: A classmate who demonstrated a creative solution to a challenge or identified an opportunity in the current environment.
- Collaboration: A classmate who went over and above during a group project or student activity/event.
These are just a few examples. A COVID Champion is really someone who has made a difference for you during the Fall term. Tell us what that means for you.
How it works:
- Nominate an MBA student by Sunday, January 17 at 11:59 p.m. (EST).
- You will be asked to provide:
- Your first name, last name and McMaster email
- The nominee’s first name, last name and McMaster email
- The one DeGroote value the nominee has exemplified
- Please note: You can submit up to a max of three nominations for three separate nominees. Each nomination will require a separate form to be submitted.
- A 250–word (max) description of the contribution the nominee has made in connection with one selected DeGroote value.
Selection Process & Awards
- Nominees will be reviewed by a panel and six winners will be selected (two from each category).
- The six winners will each receive a gift card valued at $50 CDN.
- Winners will be notified and their stories may be shared (with their consent).
Questions? Reach out to Sandie Kantor, Student Experience, Communications Specialist.