Many students ask us: “Can I be accommodated if I have a conflict due to a Religious, Indigenous or Spiritual Observance (RISO)?”
The answer is Yes! Students requiring academic accommodation based on Religious, Indigenous or Spiritual Observances (RISO) should follow the procedures set out in the RISO Policy.
- Students requiring a RISO accommodation should submit their request to email@example.com as soon as possible.
- Include your RISO form and be sure to include the dates/times needing to be accommodated.
- You will be contacted via your McMaster email as soon as the RISO is reviewed and approved.
- Students should contact their instructors to make alternative arrangements for classes, assignments, and tests as soon as their RISO accommodation has been processed by the Student Experience Office.
- If your RISO accommodation is for a final exam or during a deferred exam period, submit your RISO form to the Examinations Office by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to the Examination Period.
- More information about RISO can also be found on our RISO Fact Sheet.
- For additional information on missed coursework, please visit the Missed Course Work Policy Page.