To mark its 75th anniversary in 2020, the United Nations is working to help host a global dialogue at academic institutions throughout the world to source solutions for global cooperation surrounding the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). These dialogues will essentially be forums for discussion on progress that has been made on particular SDGs, aspects of the UN response that have been successful, and how the UN can work to improve their approach to tackling particular goals.
This year, McMaster Model United Nations, the Global Health Office, and the Office of International Affairs will be collaborating to host a UN75 Dialogue for undergraduate, graduate, & professional levels, as well as relevant faculty members and researchers. The ideas and thoughts shared during this collaborative panel discussion will be compiled into a formal report to be disseminated by the UN online and through their partners on an ongoing basis. Key takeaways will also be presented to world leaders and senior UN officials at a variety of meetings and events.
- Topic: “Investing in Health for an Equitable Future”, focusing primarily on SDG 3: “Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages”.
- Date: Wed, Dec 2
- Time: 1 – 2:30 p.m. (EST)
The confirmed guest panelists for the event include:
• Dr. Peter Singer (Special Advisor to the Director General of the World Health Organization)
• Dr. Bonny Ibhawoh (Chair, United Nations Expert Mechanism on the Right to Development in the Office of the United Nations)
• Dr. Andrea Baumann (Associate Vice-President of Global Health, Director of the WHO Collaborating Centre in Primary Care and Health Human Resources)
Register on Eventbrite.