If you are interested in entering any of the below case competitions, please email your resume, transcript and your competition preference ranking to Linda Stockton at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, December 21.
Global Business Case Competition (GBCC) | April 15-26
The Global Business Case Competition (GBCC) is an international business case competition in which teams of undergraduate students review globally-focused business cases and propose solutions.
- There are four students per team drawn from universities worldwide, including the United States. The competition will kick off with a Welcome and Orientation on April 15, with the Global Case distributed on April 16.
- Teams will have 24 hours to work with global participants in a warm up to Case #2. On April 20th, Case #2 is distributed via staggered distribution – giving teams 3 days to work on the case.
- Teams will present their recommendations for Case #2 via virtual submission in preliminary rounds.
- The Final round will be held live on Monday, April 26 and a global champion will be selected.
International Collegiate Business Strategy Competition (ICBSC)
In the spring of 2021, the 57th International Collegiate Business Strategy Competition (ICBSC) will be hosted by California State University, Long Beach.
- It will begin in January 2021 with starting positions and materials distributed to participants. The first decision round is scheduled for February 2. It will culminate on April 22-24 with a three-day intensive phase followed by a Saturday afternoon awards banquet.
- The Competition utilizes the Business Policy Game, an international simulation, designed to enable advanced business students to integrate and apply the theories of their business courses.
- The students become strategic managers of simulated companies competing against other business students acting as managers of their own companies.
- The simulated environment incorporates the economies of two countries and requires consideration of global and domestic strategy.
- This competition has 16 rounds of decision made via simulation against 4 or 5 other schools in your world.
- You will also have to write a 6 page business plan and an annual report after the first 8 rounds.