This entrepreneurial thinking project is a structured, short-term experiential opportunity (with honorarium) with a new company that has partnered with DeGroote. For this Venture Challenge you will be developing a product marketing & sales plan, which will include how to differentiate and build the Basadur Profile business.
How Does It Work?
- Students apply to participate. Once selected, they are put onto teams.
- Corporate partner (Basadur) provides the challenge and delivers project brief to the student teams. During the challenge, they also provide mentorship to the student teams.
- Student teams work on projects over a 3-4 week period and deliver a final presentation and report to the corporate partners.
- Each student who completes the challenge receives an honorarium ($525) through Experience Ventures
Fall 2023 Venture Challenge Timelines:
- Applications Open in OSCARplus: Friday, September 22
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, September 27 @ 11:59 p.m.
- MBA Project Teams Selected & Notified: Friday, September 29 @ 11:00 a.m.
- Challenge Launch with Client: Thursday, October 5 @ 1:30 -3:30 p.m. (in person at RJC)
- Client Check-in: Week of October 16
- MBA Project Teams Presentations & Reports: Thursday, November 2 @ 1:30 -3:30 p.m. (RJC)