What is the 24-Hour Case?
This is a large-scale in-person experiential learning challenge that all Commerce Level I students face together as part of the 1GR0: Student Experience and Development course. In groups, 1st-year students apply problem-solving, collaboration, self-management, and budgeting skills to solve a case in an event that lasts 24 hours.
We are actively recruiting volunteers who want to develop their business skills such as mentorship, leadership, and networking.
When is this Happening?
- Friday, January 19, 2024
- 5:30 p.m.: Virtual 24-Hour Case Kick-off Event
- 6:00-9:00 p.m.: Students work in groups with advisor support
- Saturday, January 20, 2024
- 9:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.: Students work in groups with advisor support
- 1:30-3:30 p.m.: Student groups present to judge panels on campus.
Volunteer Positions Available:
- Student Advisors (virtual or in-person)
- Presentation Room Monitors (in-person)
- Presentation Day Volunteers (in-person)
We will welcome more than 1,000 people to campus on Saturday, January 20. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to network with alumni, faculty and staff while demonstrating your leadership skills as you help first-year students!
Should you have questions regarding any of these opportunities, please reach out to Nidia Cerna, Academic Experiential Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply using the 24-Hour Case: Student Volunteer Registration 2024 form.