WCM – Post Secondary Mentorship Program
Submitted by Hailey St. Clair for DeGroote School of Business
WCM’s Post-Secondary Mentorship Program pairs young women and gender diverse undergraduate and graduate students with a professional currently working in the finance industry. Students gain valuable insights, guidance and advice from their mentors that will help set their careers in motion.
Mentees will be paired with one mentor (male or female) for a 6 month period. These meetings can be held virtually or in person, and will allow protégées to discuss a wide range of topics that may include:
- A view into a career in finance
- A day in the life of an Analyst/ Associate etc.
- Skill building for success
- Networking – building and maintaining a network; the etiquette of networking
- Navigating the interview and recruiting process
Mentees have a unique opportunity to gain advice, industry knowledge and guidance from professionals in Canadian finance. Mentors support mentee’s skill development, grow their networks and leverage their experience so they can be prepared to succeed in their capital markets careers. The rewards of this formative relationship are timeless.
- Must be a WCM university member
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a Canadian university/ college
- Must have a demonstrated interest in finance
- Must be available for monthly meetings with your assigned mentors
The program is open to students across Canada. Due to the geographically concentrated nature of the industry, geographic proximity between mentors and mentees may not always be feasible but will be prioritized wherever possible.
Leave a Reply