DeGroote School of Business has once again partnered with the Government of Canada’s Innovative Work-Integrated Learning (I-WIL) initiative to run the 2022 Experienced Ventures Challenge! Students will gain real-world experience by using technology to solve a specific social, business, design or community-related problem. This year DeGroote’s industry partner is Family Table Ventures, a business incubator that invests in early-stage tech companies that focus on building ethical and tenacious solutions. Selected students will be working on their newest venture: JadaConnect.
The Experience Ventures challenge enables students to:
- Apply in-class learning to the challenges and opportunities facing ventures.
- Explore Canada’s evolving innovation economy.
- Network and meet industry leaders and employers.
- Discover the latest technologies being incubated in Canada.
- Enhance your resume with a unique experience.
- Develop your work-ready skills.
- Receive $500 stipend for completing the challenge.
How to apply?
- Students from all of DeGroote’s programs are invited to apply. Only 24 students will be selected and placed in teams of 4 to participate.
- Apply with your resume and a paragraph on how you have used entrepreneurial thinking to come up with an innovative problem-solving solution.
- More information on OSCARplus.
- Applications close: Sunday, October 9 at 11:59 p.m.
- Teams are announced: Tuesday, October 11
- Virtual kick-off: Monday, October 17 from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- In-person presentations: Thursday, November 17 from 5:30 – 7 p.m.