A Message from Jennifer McCleary, Director – Student Experience
As we enter the Winter 2021 term and a new year, I wanted to take a moment to recognize the resilience and determination that you – our BCom students – have exemplified over the last four months.
As our global and local landscape evolved, you continued to personify DeGroote’s values of innovation, collaboration and generosity, inside and outside of the virtual classroom. I know that this term will be no different, as you continue to find ways to support one another, while you grow in your role as a student, peer and future business leader.
I look forward to an engaging and inspiring Winter 2021 term. I encourage you to stay connected to the DeGroote community using all the resources available to you – please see below for details. And if you have ideas on additional resources, please share with me at email@example.com or send to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. Many of the best ideas come from you!
I am so proud of the work that you have accomplished already, and I look forward to continuing to cheer you on this year (and beyond!).
Here’s to a better and brighter year – 2021!
A Message from Greg Rombough, Manager – Undergraduate Programs
In the spirit of a new term and year, I wanted to share a quote from Paulo Coelho: “Always ask yourself if what you’re doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow.”
On behalf of my entire team, I wanted to share my congratulations on completing the Fall 2020 term. As we enter the Winter semester, we will continue to support you and do everything we can to ensure that your student experience at DeGroote is exceptional.
Stay connected with the Student Experience Team: Academic Advising
- Book an appointment using OSCARplus
- Virtual appointments are available with our Academic Advisors and Relationship Managers through Zoom.
Get Answers Quickly on the FAQ
- The Student Experience team have compiled a Frequently Asked Questions list which includes common questions we receive.
Connect with us on Discord
- Visit our Virtual Discord BCom Welcome Desk, Monday to Friday from 2:00-3:30 p.m. (EST) for any general questions you may have.
- Join our Academic Advisors for bi-weekly Academic Advising Spotlight topics.
- To access, follow the steps in How to Join the DeGroote Discord Community.
Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- If you are having a hard time adjusting to this virtual academic year, struggling with anxiety and stress, or simply want to talk to someone, we are here to help and connect you with available support and resources.
McMaster University Resources