The Student Experience CPD team is sharing best practices that can help you succeed whether you’re working or studying from home. Adjusting to new challenges, from maintaining regular communication with professors, group members and colleagues, to staying productive and seeking regular feedback can be difficult. Here are our tips for maintaining productivity while working from home:
- Establish regular touchpoints with professors, peers and/or colleagues. Touchpoints are a great opportunity to ask questions, seek feedback and connect with others.
- Be transparent when sharing progress updates. Create realistic timelines and openly share any challenges meeting deadlines.
- Be mindful of your tone in emails. Provide as much detail as possible and ask questions when needed. Remember to say please and thank you along the way!
- Set up in a quiet workspace and consider closing the door or wearing noise-cancelling headphones. See our Work From Home Tips for more suggestions.
- Create a schedule and stick to it. Spend time evaluating what works best for you.
- Remember to create boundaries between work and personal life. Avoid checking your email outside of office/study hours and step away from your computer for lunch and breaks.
Establish a Clear System for Tracking and Managing Work
- Understand what is expected of you while working from home. Are you expected to log hours, access documents or VPN’s, or provide regular updates?
- Track the work you complete and share your successes with your colleagues or group members.
The Student Experience CPD team is here to help you navigate these uncertain times. Check back next week for our tips on maintaining mental health while working from home.
Have questions? Book a virtual appointment with a Relationship Manager on OSCARplus.