What’s Connect to Careers all about? Well, it’s all in the name. It’s an opportunity to connect with hiring managers and company representatives in an easy-to-navigate, virtual setting.
Share your experiences, skills and qualifications with prospective employers through text and video chat and learn about companies and positions that match your interests and career plans. Ask employers targeted questions so you can refine your job application or prepare for a potential interview.
Last year more than 85 companies participated, resulting in more than 2,300 jobs to explore.
- Up to 80% of jobs are filled through networking. Make one-on-one connections with potential employers
- Learn about job requirements, industry trends and industry growth to prepare for interviews and write applications that impress employers
- Discover opportunities and explore your options. You may uncover an exciting new opportunity you might not have considered by learning more about an organization and talking with company reps.
How it works:
- Research the companies and come ready with questions. Being prepared will help you feel confident when meeting with employers
- Attend the Prep Hour from 8 – 9 a.m. (EST) to explore the platform, discover some of the features (like using the swag bag) and try things out before chatting with employers
- Visit virtual employer booths between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. (EST) and discover diverse part-time and full-time positions, summer jobs, internships and co-ops
Wednesday, March 2
- Time: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. (EST). Drop in at any time (and as many times) as you want
- Register: Connect to Careers