Though we can’t be together in person this semester, the SE team is excited to launch two new initiatives on Discord – our “virtual building” – to make it easier than ever for you to ask general questions, connect with members of the BCom team and learn something new each week!
Virtual BCom Welcome Desk (starting Monday, Nov 23)
Starting next week, drop by the new Discord BCom Welcome Desk (under Important) each day to ask Nicole or Alexis from the BCom team any general questions you have!
- When: Daily: Monday – Friday
- Time: 2 – 3:30 p.m. (EST)
- Where: Discord channel #Bcom-desk-chat (text chat only) or BCom Welcome Desk (voice/video)
- Please note: Do not share personal information (student numbers etc.,) on this channel. Book a Zoom appointment with an Academic Advisor if you need guidance on your specific situation.
Weekly Academic Advisor Spotlight (Nov 27 – Dec 18)
Each week, drop into our new Academic Advising Spotlight to learn more about an interesting academic theme, meet the BCom Academic Advisors and chat with other students!
- When: Every Friday (until Dec 18)
- Time: 3 – 3:30 p.m. (EST)
- Where: Discord channel #BCom Advisor Spotlight (under Drop-ins)
- Next spotlight: Friday, November 27 – Exchange! Hosted by Angela Fortino
If you haven’t been on Discord yet, no sweat! This is the perfect time to get started. To access, follow the steps in How to Join the DeGroote Discord Community.